Friday, February 11, 2011

I'm a Blog Slacker!

Or so I've been told :)) I cannot deny it. I have not been especially motivated to diet and exercise, so I haven't! Its not good, but its true. Going to make some changes this week. We'll see how it goes.

Some things I do good all the time. However, I realize I CANNOT have potato chips in my house. Its like an alcoholic having a mini-bar in their room. Its a bad idea. So, I've been asking myself what I need to do differently. I decided I need to start writing down what I eat. Not because I CAN'T keep up with it in my head, but rather because it will FORCE me to see exactly what I've eaten/drunk that day, and exactly how many calories and fat grams that equals. I think this will be . . . a real PAIN IN THE ASS! BUT, it will probably also be very helpful. So, I am going to do this for a little while. In fact, I may get me a little notebook today, especially for this purpose.

I think its important to continuously work to improve yourself. However, THINKING that and DOING that are two totally different things. So, I am trying to reflect back in time to bring back things that I was doing when I was thinner. I also need to be more organized. I have very good ideas. I know things I need to do better. Yet I STILL do not pull the trigger. I don't want to be in control, in fact, I AVOID control. I am not sure why. I don't know if I'm afraid of failure, or afraid of disappointing someone, or something else. I just believe this is what keeps me from greatness. THIS is what I will work on as I continue to try to improve myself and my life.

In the past I had written goals, and I reviewed/edited them often. I haven't done that in years. This is something I will begin again. You only get one life, and I'm 42 years into mine. Its past time to start doing a few things better. For further weight loss motivation, I am going to the beach in June. How nice would it be to have lost 50lbs before I go?? These are some of the things running through my little mind :)) I will blog soon, and if I DON'T, send me a nasty little email. I'm good with it!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending a nasty comment because you haven't blogged in a month!!! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete