Sunday, November 28, 2010

Holiday Havoc!

How in the WORLD are you supposed to diet and eat healthy during the holidays? This is the SOUTH! We had FRIED turkey for Thanksgiving. (and if you've never had fried turkey it is hands down the juiciest turkey you will ever eat) You see, we believe you can fry damn near anything in the south. We have fried Twinkies and fried oreos down here too. SO, we are not eating some baked sweet potatoes and some steamed green beans!! Hell no!!! We are eating fried turkey, sweet potatoes with loads of butter and sugar, green beans cooked with ham, macaroni with lots of real butter and a pound of Velveeta, and then some very fattening dessert. AND, we like it that way--don't plan on changing!

SO, the challenge is to exercise enough to help burn off some of the million extra calories you will eat from now to New Year's. For Christmas my family will eat a baked country ham. It is yummy and delicious----and LOADED with salt. There will also be homemade candy and various other goodies.

I have decided to set a little goal for myself between now and Christmas. I am going to lose 15 pounds before Christmas. This is a big goal, but if I set a big goal I'm hoping I will stay focused. I would actually like to lose 20 lbs., but given the previous paragraphs, you can see how that might be unrealistic. If I exercise daily, and eat well except for when at parties and various holiday gatherings, I think I can do this. I KNOW I can. Hold me accountable. Email me. Text me. Whatever. Just help me stay focused. I will try to blog more frequently, so if I haven't blogged, contact me to keep me in check. I look forward to it. (and I have caller id if you get a little too into it! )

4 comments:

  1. I know you can do it!!! I'll jump on the bandwagon and try to do the same!~!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you wouldn't quit. Setting a goal is a great idea. And I know you can do it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelley, I don't know if you can lose 15 lbs by Christmas--you don't weigh that much!!! You've already done so good :-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been a blog-reading slacker but will try to be more pro-active in my support.

    You're doing great. Keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete