Monday, October 11, 2010

How to Keep Exercising Regularly

Make an appointment with someone. OMG! If I had not told my friend I would walk this morning, I would have SOOOOOO turned the alarm off and gone back to sleep. However, knowing she would be out there freezing her hiney off, I couldn't NOT show up. So, if you are having trouble exercising on a regular basis, find a friend/friends who will commit to exercising with you. You could let yourself down, but you probably won't let THEM down.

So, I have exercised some this week. I admit I did not walk last week on the days it was under 50 degrees in the mornings. I really have no excuse because even if its 20 degrees outside, I have a treadmill. I guess my goal for this week will be to walk Monday through Friday. I need to walk seven days a week, but one thing at a time!

I am still reading Women Food and God. I usually read just a few pages at lunch each day. Its kind of deep, so its good to read a little, and then "digest" it. For ME, its not a book I would sit down and just read right through. I don't know if you would really get anything out of it if you just breezed right through it. The part I have most recently read talks about loving yourself, and seeing yourself differently. If you love your "self" then you would love your body because your body is what's hauling your "self" around. Therefore, you would treat that body with love so as to keep it going at its best. Its kind of like trying to do for YOURSELF all the things you would insist on for people you love---your children, your spouse, parents, etc. You probably wouldn't let your child sit on the couch for hours upon hours and watch TV and eat potato chips and ice cream. You would want them to get exercise, and eat fruits and vegetables, etc. SO, why would you not insist on the same for yourself???? It REALLY is a deep book, but it makes you think.

All THAT to say, I am going to start exercising Monday through Friday, and I will also continue to improve my diet. I do not plan to be a food Nazi, but I need to eat good except for special occasions. That's my plan. Now I just have to STICK to IT!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the new background!!

    Shelley :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It was time to get rid of the bathing suits--too cold to swim.

    ReplyDelete