Sunday, October 3, 2010

Just checking in with everyone. Still walking more days than I'm NOT. I am actually concerned about the cold weather though. I go out in the morning, and I am FREEZING. This is saying something because I am NEVER cold. That coldness is not good for my motivation. I am planning to continue walking as long as my partner does. I am also thinking I'm going to stop at the Y on my way home from work--that's in ADDITION to walking in the mornings! That, my friends, is nothing short of a miracle!!! Of course, it also hasn't happened yet either :))

As for my eating, well . . . . it could be better, could be worse. This morning I had a Jimmy Dean turkey sausage/egg white sandwich thingy for breakfast. It was very good, by the way. For dinner, however, we are having stuffed shells. They might not be terrible. The sausage was pretty lean, and I drained and rinsed it too--when you are old, this cuts down on the heartburn/acid reflux. That and the cheese should be the only fat in the dish, and there is not a lot of cheese--seriously, there isn't.

We'll see how this week goes. My plan is to go to the Y after work, and to eat better--cut out some of the crappy stuff that I have let slip back into my diet recently. I'll let you know how that works out for me. I also need to concentrate on eating more fruits and vegetables--FRESH, that is. That's the plan.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are still with the plan. Let's hope your neighbor continues to walk with you.
    Keep up the good work - BOTH of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this weather and hope to start walking outside more when I'm not working!! Chandler deals with the cooler temps better too!! Love you! Keep working hard!!!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete