Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day Six

Well, week one is almost complete. I am proud of my progress. To say my diet this week Remove Formatting from selectionhas been different would be an understatement.

Wednesday Brian & I ate dinner at Logan's. I had Grilled Salmon, Broccoli, and a grilled veggie skewer. (It really was a plate full of healthy) Then, Thursday night we grilled Mahi Mahi, and ate corn on the cob--oh yeah, and a salad with the healthiest looking lettuce you have ever seen. (you know the type--a bowl full of stuff that looks like you walked in the yard and gathered it up. Why can't good ol' crunchy iceberg lettuce be real healthy?) Last night everybody else had pizza from Pizza Hut (a personal favorite of mine), but I had a grilled chicken sandwich and baked tostitos with salsa. Not bad, huh?

I also exercised--ONE DAY IN A ROW! Me and a friend went walking in the park. I did not want to. I may NEVER want to, but I know I must. So, I walked--and I really enjoyed being with my friend. It definitely helps pass the time. And, let me say, there was the HOTTEST dude walking the path @Charlie Daniels Park. GIRLS!!!! The scenery was good, very good. But, I digress. My shoes were NOT so good. I have a new pair of shoes, and let me just say, they will NOT be my walking shoes. I have been informed they are actually RUNNING shoes. I do NOT run. You don't get a body like this by doing a lot of running. (If you ever see me running--keep watching. There is probably a grizzly bear chasing me.) These damn shoes just about crippled me. OMG! Seriously. I love them, but they are AWFUL for walking. So, all that to say I must get new shoes.

I went to a Mexican restaurant today. Definitely a challenge. However, I got flour tortillas to eat the salsa with, as they are not fried. (WAY lower in fat) Yesterday I went to a movie. This normally equals a gallon of Coke and a tub of popcorn, dripping in butter. Instead, I got a small popcorn w/no butter, and a small diet coke (ugghh) That's what the skinny people do, right?

Ok, lets talk about SALT. I eat a lot of salt. I'm not saying its good for me, but I eat it. (AND, I don't want to hear you say, "you shouldn't eat that. It's bad for you". I KNOW its bad for me. Shut up) Anyway, I have a new rule: I do not add salt to anything unless I just absolutely cannot stand it without the salt. This seems to be mostly tomatoes and potatoes. I know this is a positive change, and I'm proud of myself for making it.

That's all for now. Two days 'til weigh in. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you!!!!
    Shelley :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, ma'am. I'm working on it. It's an everyday battle, but I know it will keep getting easier.

    ReplyDelete