Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I have to say I'm feeling the pressure to lose weight after such a big loss the first week. I hope I will lose again. The last couple of days have not gone the way I thought they would. Or, maybe I'm just not a good time manager and didn't control my time the last two days . . . .naaahhh. That can't be it, right?

Ok, I have a little endorsement. I had one of the very best salads I've ever had Monday at Longhorn. I believe it was called Grilled Chicken Strawberry Salad. It had (obviously) grilled chicken and strawberries, and grapes, mandarin oranges, paper-thin red onions, feta cheese, and candied pecans, over that really healthy lettuce that is dark green and purple with all the stems, topped with Raspberry Vinaigrette. It was SOOOO good. It was probably a lot healthier too than the seafood, cheesy dip that I REALLY wanted. :-))

I am also working on making the switch to Diet Coke when I can't get water or unsweet tea. I am a Coke girl---NOT Diet Coke. But, how has that been working out for me? Well, obviously not too good. Otherwise, I wouldn't be trying to lose 100 lbs. So, the REAL THING has to step aside. I'll miss you Coca Cola Classic. I'll be drinking your sister, Diet Coke, but I will always love you.

I also have discovered Milo's Tea sweetened with Splenda.(Thanks to Angie) Its very good. I can honestly say I don't miss the sugar. That's not to say its exactly the same. Its not, but its an excellent substitution. I like it much better than the Diet Coke, but you can't get Milo's tea with Splenda at the movies, or the drive thru window.

Still no exercise this week, but I PROMISE to do some sort of exercise today or tomorrow. (This blog is so good for keeping me accountable. It really works) See you soon! Have a good day!

6 comments:

  1. Okay - so you know I'm a big diet coke drinker! Have you tried Diet Coke with Lime? It doesn't have such a bad aftertaste as regular diet coke. Jim has just started drinking Coke Zero and really likes it but you can't always find it out at restaurants. Love you!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want you to know that I am very proud of you !!!!
    And you should be proud of me too. It has taken me until today to figure out how to send comments on this blog, but I didn't give up !!
    I hung in there until I got it.
    (Don't tell Shelley.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judith - you are busted :)
    That's okay - I can't figure out how to post under my own name and not anonymous!!!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Y'all are funny. Can you also get your picture on there? Or, can you only do that if you blog? Y'all are smart women. Can you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I put a picture of our favorite place in Sarasota on mine. Maybe we'll go back there one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It took me a week to figure out how to post and she wants a damn picture !!!! Shelley ???

    ReplyDelete