Monday, April 26, 2010

Week 1 **Weigh In**

Y'ALL!!!! OMG! I lost NINE pounds!!! That's right! NINE!!!! I weighed 3 or 4 times to be absolutely sure I was reading that right. I still can't believe it. WOW!

I am asking myself what I did that would lead to such a big number. Obviously, my diet was TOTALLY different this week. I haven't eaten that much fruit in months. Brian & I also grilled a lot, and ate many more vegetables than we normally would have. But, I did not exercise daily. In fact, I only went walking one day. I think giving up salt probably led to some water weight loss. My diet this week also had much more fiber in it than normal. That's much easier for your body to process.

This week my goal is to continue to eat healthy, and to add exercise. Hopefully, that will get my metabolism going. If you don't know I HATE to exercise . . . . but I LOVE what it does for me. And, I always feel really good about myself when I finish. So, that is a habit I must form. Once I'm in the habit I won't mind so much. Plus, you feel so much better for it.

I am still in SHOCK over this--but its a good shock. However, now the pressure is ON for week two. I have watched MANY seasons of Biggest Loser, and the second week is often a lot different on the scale. So, say a little prayer to the weight-loss Gods for me. See you soon!

11 comments:

  1. WOW! Way to go! That's fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY CRAP!! That is awesome!! Keep it up!
    Shelley :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Lisa Go!!! I am on Team Lisa!!! Lose it sistah!!! ~Sue~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank y'all! Love the comments! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! 9 lbs is AMAZING! YOU GO GIRL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I told you that you would be awesome!! You can walk the memorial day 5 k with me and it will be a good jump start !!! Come on we will be the two cutest sister in laws!!!So proud of you!

    Love Steph

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go!!!!!! You inspire me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! That is amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job Lisa! Keep up the good work!
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  10. WHOA MAMA!! Great job!! I am on team Lisa too!! Keep up the good work! And hey if you HATE to exercise then find something elese, like dancing,girl you and Brian could learn ballroom or something fun! I am going to sign up n follow u! Luv ya bunches!

    ReplyDelete