Thursday, July 8, 2010

Funny how your vacation days just fly right by! I really didn't do anything productive yesterday. I made my bed. That's about the extent of it. Then I went to the pool about noon, and stayed until almost 9:00p.m. It was a good, hot day for it.

For whatever reason, my family seems to love to eat around the pool. We all do it. So, on my way to the pool I had to decide what I was going to eat--critically important. I didn't want fast food. I thought I might have Subway for dinner, so I didn't want it for lunch too. (I'm not Jared! If they gave me a great endorsement deal, I'd eat Subway 24/7. I can totally be bought--but I'm NOT cheap.) Anyway, I decided to go to Publix. I got a 1/2 sub--custom made for me with Boar's Head meat and cheese. It was SO good. It cost an arm and a leg--I may not be able to pay the house note, but it was really good! It wasn't that bad, but its hard to pay $6 for a 6" sub when you can get a 12" at Subway for $5. However, we eat a lot of Subway, so I need a change every now and then.

I am going to try a new recipe this weekend. I haven't decided what that's going to be yet, but I will keep you posted. I haven't even decided if its going to be healthy, or not. I feel like I make the same thing all the time, so I want to branch out. I have an obscene number of cookbooks, and yet I never make anything out of them. My new "thing" is to make one new recipe a week.

Well, I'm off for another vacation day. Not sure what I'm doing, but today I will get something accomplished. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment