Sunday, July 25, 2010

Gettin' Back To It

Well, the party is now behind me. I had a great time, and I THINK the people who attended enjoyed it too. I hope so. I love to host parties and events, but I always worry if people had a good time. Did we have what they wanted to drink? Or eat? Or whatever else would ensure they enjoyed themselves? SO, I know my stress level the week before a party is absolutely elevated. Consequently, I have eaten very badly this week. I have probably had 4 hamburgers (maybe 5) this week AND, there are more in my future! By the way . . . ALWAYS RSVP to invitations. I have not been AS good about this as I could be, but I PROMISE you I will be an excellent RSVP-er in the future. It sucks for the host not to know who will show and who will NOT. For instance, I will be eating hot dogs and hamburgers all week because we didn't know exactly who would come Saturday and who would not.

Anyway. I will weigh in the morning--or maybe I will procrastinate until Tuesday! I know I will have gained. If the hamburgers don't get me, the salt-covered pretzels will. BUT, I really am back on track--you know . . . I'm going to start back on my diet TOMORROW! :-)) And, I shouldn't call it a diet. I should say I am returning to my healthier way of eating--like the skinny people do.

After a couple of weeks OFF my little program, I am REALLY looking forward to eating healthier. As I sit here now I feel bloated and gross. I have always eaten too much salt, but when I decided to change my evil ways, cutting back on salt was a priority. Today I have eaten several pretzels and some salty chips, and I am surprised just how nasty I feel. I also had to take a Prilosec yesterday. I almost never need them when I eat well. There definitely is a difference in how I feel when I eat junk versus good, healthy food.

Thanks for sticking with me. This is not a change that will happen overnight, but I can make little changes each day that will eventually take me to a much better(healthier) place.

2 comments:

  1. Lisa people ALWAYS have fun at Reed gatherings. It has nothing to do with food or drink but with the company! I agree about the non-RSVPers, so rude. The rule of thumb is to plan on 1/2 your invited guests if there is no RSVP or people don't follow directions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely going to re-think invitations, etc--especially for pool parties. I was really surprised how many people did not RSVP. I'm looking forward to our next party--whatever that turns out to be :)

    ReplyDelete