Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Where have I been????

Well, mostly I've been at the pool. I was off work last week, so I went to the pool as much as possible. Being off work is not good for my healthy diet. I must confess, I gained two pounds this week! Its true.

Some of the changes I have recently made, I have continued to do consistently. However, some things I have been more and more lax about. If I'm honest with myself, this is usually about the point where I would just quit. . . . give up the quest to lose the weight. But, that's what has gotten me where I am today. So, I must CHOOSE to get back on track.

I saw some of Oprah yesterday. Its taped in my DVR. I plan to sit and watch it all. The show was a follow up (2nd show) about a book titled Women, Food, & God. I think I want to read that book. I am a believer that being overweight is LESS about what you're eating, and MORE about what's eating you. I believe that I am a very happy person, and I know other overweight people who also seem very happy in their lives, yet we overeat. For some, I think its pressure you apply to yourself to be perfect, to do everything flawlessly. For others maybe its a lack of control. There are many, many reasons. I can promise you, for people who are VERY overweight, its not a matter of counting calories and walking around the block. Its a matter of solving that mental puzzle. Once you do that, I believe, the lifestyle changes will be much, much easier. Its still a long road, but if you don't figure out what drives you to eat, I do not believe you can have lasting success. Just my opinion. So, while I want to change my bad habits, I have to solve that puzzle. Women Food and God appeals to me because its not about a diet. Its about making that mental connection. I don't know if it will lead you or me to the answers, but it can't hurt to try. I must have that book! :-))

4 comments:

  1. I am glad you are not giving up. That in itself says a lot. Besides I haven't yet decided where we are going on our trip, but it will be AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It WILL be awesome--'cause WE'LL be there. Me & you, and that alone makes it awesome. We will have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to read that book too!!! I'm sure my mental issues are just beginning :)
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just need to come visit--we'll have therapy--maybe we can eat!!!! Just kidding!

    ReplyDelete