Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I must admit I gained a pound this week. But, I have tried to eat salad or something salt-free and low in fat the night before weighing in, and I did not do that this week. I have not TOTALLY lost focus, but recently I have definitely NOT been as strict as I need to be.

To further complicate things, we are having a pool party Saturday and I have A LOT to do before the party. I mention this because this is a good example of a situation that brings me stress and PROBABLY makes me more likely to eat badly. I will "obsess" over this party until it is over--wanting every little detail to be perfect. I kinda want to be a little "Martha Stewart" when I have parties. (it would probably be more accurate to say REDNECK Martha Stewart) But, I have this list of things in my head--and on paper--that I want to get/do before Saturday. We'll see how this week goes.

I think a lot of overweight people are like me--maybe not the redneck Martha Stewart thing. They obsess over things, and rather than do something about the source of their stress, they eat their stress. I'm like Oprah now . . . I don't have stress. I ate the stress. I think it happens to a lot of people. I'm just not sure how many ever realize that's what's going on. Its quite a process to figure it out, but I still say if you are obese its not about your lifestyle or what YOU are eating. Its about what's eating YOU. Just my opinion--ought to be yours! LOL!

2 comments:

  1. I tried to talk you out of having a party !!!
    That's all I am going to say. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew that I suspect you are right on many counts and wise beyond your years. I realize your years and only one less than mine, but I digress.

    I'd love to hear your comments after reading the book, and you know the new Julia Roberts movie is coming out on a related title. I'm totally planning to go see.

    I haven't been as nutritionally good post-vacation, either, and have been struggling to get back on track and in the groove, too. You're in lots of company!

    ReplyDelete