Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Eat Your Fruits & Vegetables

Well, I am moving toward healthier eating. I had salad last night--like the skinny people do. Not sure what we're having tonight. I may have salad for lunch today. But, I need to get more fruits and vegetables in. I can tell a HUGE difference when I am eating more fruits and vegetables versus when I am not.

If you think about it, the cave people ate plants and OCCASIONALLY ate meat. There was no refrigerator to store it. I don't know about you, but here at the Hollinsworth House, we are eating meat daily. My husband just cannot understand why anyone would want to be a vegetarian. (I find him very amusing sometimes. Its fun to say "I think we should stop eating meat" just to get a reaction.) I actually HAVE considered becoming a vegetarian, but I know I could never do that. I love steak, and fish, and shellfish, and chicken too much to NEVER eat them.

I do feel differently when I am eating more fruits and vegetables, but it is NOT an automatic thing for me. I have to make a conscious effort to eat more of these good things, and when I DO my body feels better. I can't explain it, but it really does feel better. Its almost like when I am NOT eating fruits and vegetables, my body is never empty--like its always working to digest something when its full of junk. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact fruits and vegetables are full of fiber, thus they travel through your system and exit. Your body has to work hard to digest processed food. I really try to avoid process food, but its not realistic YET for me to say I won't eat ANY processed food. That is my ultimate goal though. (as I sit here eating my Weigh Watchers fake Egg McMuffin) Ultimately I would like to eat no processed food, and everything organic. BUT, I know I'm a long way from that at this point. It is a goal to work toward though.

No comments:

Post a Comment