Monday, August 16, 2010

Weigh-in Restart

Okay, so today I weighed for the first time in a few weeks. I have gained 4 pounds. Not bad--all things considered. I have decided I need to set some short-term goals. 100 pounds is such a large goal, and I realize it will take quite a while. In the mean time, I need to put myself on a little bit of a time line. For instance, my current goal is to lose 10 pounds by the end of August. That's a little ambitious, but I'm hoping I can lose the 4 I've gained, plus 6 more. We'll see.

I finally went to the grocery today. I could probably have gotten a few more things, but you need to have a "money" budget as well as a "calorie" budget. I DO have some fruit and some salad in my house now--just like the skinny people! That's good, right??? I have to cut up my cantaloupe and pluck my grapes tonight. I've learned if I don't do all the prep pretty quick after I buy it, I never eat that good-for-you fruit. So, that's the plan.

As usual, the least favorite part of this plan is the exercise part. So, I will keep you posted on that. I'm optimistic.

Tonight we are having whole wheat spaghetti with turkey meatballs for dinner. It's REALLY good. In fact, my beef-loving husband is the one who wanted it once he found out I had bought turkey meatballs. They are really good.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea !! Break it down so that you are reaching your goal step by step. You get more pats on the back and congrats, that way too.
    Very smart. (You must get your smarts from your mother.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, she IS a pretty smart cookie.

    ReplyDelete