Tuesday, August 3, 2010

So, how do you like that? I VOWED I would blog EVERY day, and then didn't blog for the next 4 days! I'm AWESOME! See, procrastination is a real issue for me. I absolutely WILL improve though--or die trying.

So, on a diet front, I didn't even bother to weigh this week. I am confident I did not lose weight. This is the part where I normally QUIT the whole "diet" thing. I'm not going to do that this time. I have to get back on track. I have to permanently change the way I eat and the way I think about food. I don't want to be fat and out of shape when I go on vacation. Nor do I want to be old and unable to get around because I didn't take care of myself when I was younger. Its time to get healthy. (Sounds good, right?)

Here's a little insight to how I think. Today has been a pretty good "food day". BUT, exercise has always been my greatest challenge. SO, I need to exercise today, BUT I promised my sister I would tag some stuff for consignment. That's what I will do tonight, and I don't feel like I can spare that 30 minutes to exercise. This is exactly the type of thinking that keeps me from exercising. Remember what I said in the first paragraph??? Procrastination is a real problem for me. They say KNOWING you have a problem is the first step to fixing the problem. So, what's step two? I still want to get Women Food & God. I WILL too, (here comes the procrastination) BUT I have a 644 page "book club" book to read, so I put my personal reading on the back burner. If you watch Biggest Loser you see a lot of contestants who always put themselves last. Maybe I do that. I never really thought I did, but these are two examples of me wanting/needing to do something for myself, and putting my stuff off to do other things. I'm a "people person", and I never want to disappoint anyone. Hmmm. I might be on to something.

Well, the next thing I'm going to be ON is a turkey burger. Dinner is almost ready. Hope you have a great evening.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are not giving up. There are a lot of people pulling for you even if they don't take the time to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog every day - even when you don't post a new one - I always check. Don't give up. It is a huge struggle for me right now to get my butt to the gym but I figure hubby is out running 5 miles a day in this heat, I can walk on a treadmill in the air conditioning!!! We had some turkey burgers last week - shocking - I know!! We mixed ground turkey with italian turkey sausage, fresh onion and worcestershire sauce - they were so good - I was very surprised!! Love you!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement. I really do appreciate it. The thing with turkey burgers (in MY opinion) is NOT to think its going to be like a HAMburger--its NOT! Its just a healthier substitute for a hamburger. I have learned to love them. They don't give me indigestion like a hamburger, and I think they're good--but they aren't a hamburger. You're all dedicated making your own. We buy the Jenny-O frozen pre-packaged turkey burgers. We like them, but you don't have as much opportunity to season them as when you make them yourself. We eat ours on Sandwich Thins. Love them! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, you ARE inspiring others and you DO deserve to put yourself first. However, if you like tagging stuff for consignment... ;)
    Just kidding!

    You're not the only procrastinator out there. Give yourself a break! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaking of procrastinating, I still have a tub full of clothes to tag! Oh well! I'll get it done.

    ReplyDelete