Friday, August 20, 2010

What's on Your Plate?

Ok, so I have started reading Women Food and God. So far I really like it. I haven't had big blocks of time to read it, but that's ok. Its kind of deep, so its good to read a little and then digest that for a while. I really am enjoying it--I think because it makes me think maybe I'm figuring it all out.

Just one example; one retreat participant said to the author "everything we believe about our lives is right here on these plates." So, the next time you sit down to eat, take a look at your plate. Is it full of Bagel Bites, or maybe a big fat cheeseburger, slathered in mayo, and also covered with bacon??? Or is it full of organic fruits and vegetables? I'm just thinking if what we think about our lives is reflected on our plates, I want the organic fruits and vegetables because that would be the very best for my body. However, that is NOT what has typically been on my plate. Why is that? Am I not enough of a priority to MYSELF? If I had a child I would want them to eat as much organic produce as possible, yet I don't spend that extra money on myself. Does this mean I don't value myself? Or maybe I don't value my body? Like I said, its deep, but it makes you think. I like that.

Big weekend planned. Having friends over today, Sounds game tonight, cookout with friends tomorrow, and I'm not sure after that. Hope you have a good weekend. Ballpark food is probably NOT so healthy, so what will be on my plate tonight???? :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment