Thursday, June 17, 2010

Brace yourself . . .

I actually woke up (without the alarm) and got on the treadmill at 5:30 this morning!!!! You skinny people are f-ing crazy (you can guess what the F stands for)!!! But, hey, it wasn't bad. Our treadmill is in the bonus room in front of the TV. I like to watch the news each morning. (Get the latest account on how many millions of gallons/barrels of oil are pouring into the gulf, ruining our environment. Only to have my father-in-law tell me its "not that bad", "the media is blowing this all out of proportion", "there have been worse spills than this", "in a couple of years you won't even know this happened", and my personal favorite . . . . wait for it . . . . "the ocean floor naturally releases a certain amount of oil each day" Really, Carl???? A few THOUSAND barrels????? I doubt it! I SWEAR I'm not making that up.) But, I digress. SO, I walked and watched the news. It wasn't bad. AND, I do feel good about myself after its over. Although I find myself watching the little timer on the treadmill--kinda like people in prison--just waiting to get your time served and get the Hell out of there!

I had a whole little debate with myself in the bathroom before I got on the treadmill. Do I get on the treadmill or go back to bed? Bed sounded much better, but what good is 30 mins. going to do me? Then I said to myself "Self, laying in bed is not going to burn any calories. You can't promise you'll workout tonight. You have book club. There REALLY is no good/fair excuse to NOT go get on that damn treadmill." So, I just got it done. I feel . . . how do I feel? I don't know. Good about myself for doing something I don't love to do, I guess :-)) I also seem to be full of myself this morning--more so than usual. LOOKOUT!!!

We ate steak last night. It is a fatty piece of meat--it just is. I love it, but it is not the healthiest choice. I am married to a man whose grandmother raises Angus cattle, so I am going to eat steak periodically--and I like it. BUT, in the past we would have had cheese covered, garlic-buttered bread, a baked potato or grilled potatoes drowned in butter and cheese and/or sour cream, PLUS the steak. Last night I had grilled asparagus and the steak. That's it. No bread. No potatoes. I was very satisfied too. AND, I didn't have indigestion/acid reflux. I could be wrong, but I think you have to make changes you can comfortably live with. I think our NEW steak dinner is a good example of doing that.

Time to go to work now. Hope you all have a great day! I worked out! na na na boo boo! (I told you I'm wound up this morning) :-))

2 comments:

  1. I have been using the treadmill for years now and I still look at the time constantly. I have to do my time ! (like a prisoner) Anyway, that is awesome and look how good you are feeling. I can hardly wait to see you tonight
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on the exercise! :)

    I agree with Judith...everyone looks at the time. It crawls. :(

    ReplyDelete