Wednesday, June 30, 2010

God Bless Subway

All you do is pull into the Subway, tell them what you want, and before you know it dinner is ready!!!! So, by 5:00 p.m. today, I had dinner ready for my husband. I didn't heat up the kitchen, or dirty up a bunch of pots and pans (no dishes to wash). AND, we each got exactly what we wanted, how we wanted it. Seems like a win-win to me! Veggie subs are SO good. LOVE them. If you haven't tried them, you should. You may like it more than you think.



We have a holiday weekend coming up, so I'm already thinking about what kind of food to have at the pool. A friend has requested Brian cook his yummy grilled hot wings, so I need to think of what to eat with that. Someone suggested "baked" fries(in a comment on my blog), and that thought had crossed my mind too. So, I'm taking that suggestion as a sign. I'm planning to do those. I'm also thinking "marinated veggies". I have made them twice now, and they were a big hit both times, but I haven't gotten to eat very many of them myself. So, that's another thing I may fix. I'm also going to check some of my cookbooks--need to try some new things! I welcome any suggestions/recipes. I need all the help I can get! :-))

6 comments:

  1. roasted parsnips are amazing. We like roasted veggies: asparagus (not the right season though), green beans, peppers, sweet potatoes, fennel, parsnips, mushrooms, beets, etc. Just toss with olive oil, a bit of salt and pepper, and your favorite herbs before roasting. We like rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Christy. We are doing more and more grilled veggies, but I haven't really done much roasting. I'm going to try that. I also want to try "fries" where you cut the potatoes in wedges, toss them with olive oil, and sprinkle with sea salt & pepper or maybe Mrs. Dash. We grill asparagus a lot. I love it! Another friend recently told us how she grills cabbage. I want to try that too. I don't know if I've ever had parsnips or fennel. I'm going to have to try them now. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those "fries" sounds so good!! Do you bake them or grill them?
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. You bake them. I saw a little recipe in the coupon section. It was from Mrs. Dash, so obviously they want you to use Mrs. Dash. But you leave the skins on, cut them into wedges, toss them in olive oil, and sprinkle with Mrs. Dash--or maybe salt & pepper. I'm going to try them soon, so I'll let you know how I like them. You can also do sweet potatoes that way, and I've been told by multiple people that they are delicious. They say it totally changes a sweet potato. If YOU try them, let me know how they are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may have to try that - regular potatoes - you know me - don't like sweet potatoes :)
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brian doesn't like sweet potatoes either. He tries them, but he never likes them. He also doesn't care much for guacamole either.

    ReplyDelete