Wednesday, June 2, 2010

It's Hump-Day!

Well, it Wednesday morning, and I don't think anything super-exciting has happened. Monday after weighing in, I went to the pool again. We still had that smoked turkey/barbecue left, so that's what we ate. It was very good. I am learning I can eat a sandwich only--no chips, and it fills me up. On workdays I take a sandwich with fruit instead of chips. I like the fruit a lot more than I thought I would.

Obviously, its "pool season". So, we will be at the pool as much as possible. I'm trying to remember when we're just hanging out in the pool, to walk, swim, or exercise in some way in the water. A lot of the time we are in the water talking, so why not walk while you talk? I HAVE been doing that. Now, I might need to buy a Super Soaker. Brian has one he puts ice in. It seems to encourage running. When people see him with it, they run. Then he has to run too, in order to shoot them with that ice water! Until now I've never realized that he's kinda encouraging exercise--kinda like a personal trainer--but a LOT more fun to watch!!! LOL! (He doesn't shoot me--he has to live with me, and I have threatened him with physical violence) Hmmm. Something to ponder I guess.

I have to exercise today, or I don't stand a chance of meeting my goal. So, I don't know if I'll go to the Y, or get on the treadmill. I'll keep you posted. I wish now I had said 30 mins of in the pool exercise instead of treadmill. I may change that, but we'll just see how today goes. See you soon!

OOOHHHH! I taped the new Jillian Michaels show--you know, where she moves in with them. I can't wait to watch it. I like Jillian, but the thought of her living with me is a little scary!

4 comments:

  1. Pool exercises are a great idea - you don't sweat nearly as much as you would on the treadmill!! I didn't go to the gym yesterday -I've done something to my knee :( I honestly don't see how Shelbi lives with knee pain - it hurts from my ankle up to my thigh!! Keep up the good work!!!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got that pool idea from someone super intelligent, didn't you ?? Someone who has mentored you all of your life ???

    Shut-up, Shelley ! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such abuse Judith :)
    Love you too!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Shelley, since you are injured I'll try to discourage Brian from shooting/chasing you with the ice water SuperSoaker--you know, IF you were to ever come to the pool. My boss got a cortisone shot in his knee today. I hope I never have all these aches and pains. Me losing weight will help--hopefully. The pool is much kinder to your joints.

    ReplyDelete