Monday, June 28, 2010

**Week Ten Weigh In**

Ok, I lost ONE POUND. I'll take it-at least I didn't gain. So, I believe I have now lost 19 pounds. I watched Jillian Michaels on "Losing It With Jillian" last night, and I realized I've GOT to pick up the pace. I would sign up for her to come live with us for a week, but I'm afraid I might DIE!!! :-)) I'm kinda like that guy the other night when Jillian called his house, "Tell her I ain't here." BUT, he lost 60 lbs in eight weeks. His wife lost 40 lbs. So, I need to pick up the pace.

It is a goal this week to get more fruit and vegetables into my diet this week. I have done significantly better than the old, unhealthier days, but I still have room for improvement. And, again, I must exercise more. I think I may start keeping a food journal and/or start writing daily goals. They say if you write down your goals it GREATLY improves your chances of following through. We'll see!

3 comments:

  1. I think you need more encouragement and the best encouragement is seeing results. So, let's challenge ourselves to come up with really healthy and delicious food for the long weekend coming up. See if we can come up with something new !! Brian may not like it, but he'll be outnumbered. HA !!! You should come join us Shelley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would run and hide from Jillian - she scares me just a little!!! We have gotten off track just a little - those damn La Parilla coupons!!! We promised ourselves to get right back with the plan this week. Jim has lost a total of 80 pounds!! It is even motivated Shelbi to go to the gym every day - that's scary!!! Love you pumpkin!

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would really like to have more of those vegetables. The last two times I've made them we were having a lot of company, and I got one little spoon full. I may check my Trisha Yearwood cookbook too, and see if she has anything. Since its a "Home Cooking" cookbook, probably nothing healthy. I have other resources though. Judith, you and Shelley have really fallen down on your "comments". I LOVE comments. Oh, and when Shelley ignores your invitations, that means she isn't coming but she doesn't want to tell you :-)) We love our little pumpkin though. I really wish I was in GA to use some of those damn LaParilla coupons. That place is SOOOOOO good.

    ReplyDelete