Monday, June 7, 2010

**Week Seven Weigh In**

Well, bad news . . . . I gained THREE POUNDS! Dammit! I have to say I'm actually not terribly troubled by this. On Sunday nights (the night before weigh in) I normally serve salad for dinner, or maybe a veggie sub from Subway. However, I scored some beautiful T-bones in the manager's special section at Kroger. SO, while I'm thinking lets eat salad 'cause I'm weighing in tomorrow, Brian is thinking let's grill a big, juicy steak.

My friends who have had lap band surgery tell me it takes your body as long as 72 hours to fully digest and process a big slab of beef. Plus, Brian puts sea salt and pepper on steaks before grilling. So, I'm hoping this gain is the steak and possibly water retention from the sea salt. It always sucks to gain, but I have eaten pretty well otherwise, so I really believe this does not truly reflect my efforts this week.

Now about exercise. I totally SUCK! I never went to the Y. However, I did get a lot of swimming (really swimming) in on Saturday. So, I feel okay about counting Saturday as a day I exercised. If you never swim laps, try it. You think "Oh I can do that all day". I bet you can't--unless you are in some hell-acious good shape. I know I was surprised how quickly I was ready for a little break! I challenge you to try it :-)) (Hey, its what the skinny people do)

This week I am going to try something new. I love to get up before work and watch the news. My plan is to get up, get on the treadmill, and walk while I watch the news. Tomorrow will be my first day, so I will blog in the morning, and let you know if I held up my end of the deal!

Never give up!

2 comments:

  1. How about those veggie stix for a pool snack ??
    You know, like chips but made from veggies ??
    We need to find a healthy dip for them. Of course, we could cut up some real veggies, too. They are always good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veggie stix is a good idea. I like those. I had an idea of a dip to make--like my own recipe! (scary huh?) But, it wouldn't be good with those. I will have to get some veggie stix. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete