Tuesday, June 15, 2010

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!

I have exercised!!!!! (do you hear the angels singing???) Went to the pool after work today. Walked/swam/did water aerobic exercises for NOT LESS than 45 mins. That's pretty decent. Definitely an improvement. Its the small victories :-)) Gonna try for more tomorrow. Two days in a row though, is that possible???

Food was good today. I had some fruit and a Weight Watchers version of an Egg McMuffin for breakfast. I had a Boar's Head chicken sandwich with lettuce, and some baked Tostitos for lunch. I had barbecue on a "sandwich thin" (they are wonderful if you haven't tried them--and some are 100% whole wheat) with some marinated veggies. Pretty good. WAAAAAYYY better than what I would have eaten in the past. PLUS, I exercised! I'm feeling pretty good about myself right now!

OOOOHHH! So, last night Brian & I were driving home, and he said he'd like to have a big, fat cheeseburger. Well, now that I have eaten better for so long, when I think cheeseburger, I think about the acid reflux and terrible indigestion I'm going to suffer with after eating it--kinda takes all the good out of it. SO, (this is the good part) in Mt. Juliet, beside the new Wal Mart there is a Five Guys (hamburger joint). Beside Five Guys is SUBWAY!!! So, that's where we went--he got a burger from Five Guys, and I got a veggie sub at Subway! I know this is a boring story, but its a good example of the changes I am making--even when there is temptation!

9 comments:

  1. yay, yay, good for you!

    Have you tried any of the vegetarian replacements for meat, which are mostly way lower fat and many are no saturated fat? Like Morning Star Farm's Grillers Prime instead of hamburgers (they hold up better than the other types in the microwave or on the grill). It's been so long since I ate meat that I can't tell you how they compare, but they are tasty. And my sister, who hates soy and loves meat, likes the Morning Star sausage patties because they are yummy and don't give her heartburn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you!!! Especially the exercise part!!!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing GREAT !!! (I am prouder of you than Shelley is.) Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definitely get some Morningstar Farms stuff. Now I know to get the Griller's Prime. We have been buying Amy's 1/4 pound veggie burgers. They're pretty good, but you need a little something on them--I put salsa usually. Brian LOVES the Boca Spicy Chicken patties. They are GOOD! Love them! Thanks for the tip about Morningstar. I haven't bought any of their stuff yet. But I defintely will.

    As for Judith and Shelley, I like how y'all are competing to see who is more proud of me. How 'bout y'all compete to see who can send me the most money?! Just a thought :-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bah. Amy's is overpriced and too bland. But they're all expensive, I guess. Quorn is a great chicken substitute, but chicken that is not fried is pretty healthy, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, Amy's is bland. Brian has been actually GRILLING our Amy's. The other night I just microwaved it. Uuuugggghhh! Nasty. So, I just put salsa on top of it. No tomatoes from the garden yet. I'll look for Quorn too. We keep chicken breasts in our freezer usually, because they ARE pretty healthy if they are grilled or baked, anything but fried. BUT, I still like a lot of the substitutes. I love hot or spicy chicken, and those Boca patties fill that niche for me pretty good. Let me know of other things like that. Brian & I buy a lot of that stuff. I saw something on TV or in a magazine that recommended the spicy boca patties, so I bought some, and we loved 'em. I have also seen some "crumbles"--supposed to be like crumbled hamburger. I've been wanting to try those. They may have been Morningstar Farms. I appreciate all tips :-))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll let Judith win the money competition :) Then you can share with me!!!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  8. We use the morningstar crumbles all of the time. I love them. But they also make sausage crumbles which are wonderful. None of the stores in Hawaii carry the sausage though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really? So there IS a downside to living in Hawaii! :-)) who knew?

    I am going to try them. that might be something good to make tacos with.

    ReplyDelete