Saturday, June 5, 2010

What To Eat At The Pool??

Well, its Saturday morning. I'm soon off to the pool. Have you ever noticed how you just have to eat when you're at the pool or on the lake? I'm not sure why this is. Its not just overweight people either. My mother even munches on the water, and she's not at all overweight. The trick is to find healthier snacks.

I have to tell you, my favorite thing is chips and dip. I LOVE it. However, this love for chips and dips is a lot of what has made me fat. I have been trying to figure out better snacks--that are also satisfying. If I'm thinking I want chips and dip, a bowl of fruit is NOT going to suffice. Last week I took Chex mix--its baked, so it has considerably less fat than chips. Its still salty and crunchy--so its a decent swap. Sometimes I take baked Tostitos and salsa/guacamole. Yesterday I took a bowl of fruit and some chicken salad w/fruit & Reduced Fat Triscuits. I would love to hear some of your ideas.

I must go now. As much as I don't want to, I need to do a little housework before I spend the day at the pool. It sucks, but I guess its necessary :-) Have a GREAT weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Hummus with veggies (carrots, cucumber, sweet peppers). We buy the 40 spices flavor.

    -Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I keep trying hummus, because I know its so good for you. I've tried alot of different flavors. I've bought it from Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, and a lot of other places. But, so far, I just haven't liked it. Now I have never tried this 40 spices flavor. I will have to try that, because veggies and hummus would be a perfect poolside snack.

    ReplyDelete