Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Diet Blahs

So, I got an email today because I have not blogged since Monday. Hmmmm. Well, I'm not sure why, but I kinda have the blahhhhhs about this whole weight loss thing. That doesn't mean I'm quitting--I'm not. I am just a little burned out on all of this right now. I think its largely because I know the time has come. I MUST exercise, and I just can't seem to make myself do it yet. I can almost always come up with a reason why I should NOT exercise. I figured everyone is probably tired of hearing how I need to exercise, and then I never do. Anyway, I will overcome this LARGE obstacle.

On to better things! Tomorrow is my birthday! I'm getting older, and I don't know how good THAT is, but your birthday is like having your very own national holiday. (unfortunately, not everyone observes this holiday, but, hey, you can't have everything) The ONE day a year when YOU are a very important person. Its also a good excuse to get a bunch of old friends you don't see nearly as often as you would like. If you are REALLY good, you can drag your birthday out for a whole weekend, and some experts (Stephanie) can even get a WEEK out of it. I'm not quite that good! But, I digress!

My birthday relates to my blog BECAUSE . . . . . . you have to have a "birthday dinner". Its like a LAW--especially in the South. C'mon! And, I'm all about a birthday breakfast and lunch too! LOL! SOOOOOOO, I have to decide WHERE to go, and WHAT to eat. I have decided that I'm going to eat anything I want to on my birthday. I think your birthday should be a "freebie". Having said that, as I think about where to go, I am automatically thinking of what I'll eat--and how fattening it is. This is progress!!! Until a few weeks ago I would have ordered something terribly fattening and THEN thought "Wow, I shouldn't have ordered that. It's very fattening." Now, I'm thinking of that in advance. Even so, I am going to eat something BAD if I want to.

I'm actually STARVING right now! So, I'm off to round up some dinner! See you soon! Leave comments--I love them!

P.S. (do you p.s. a blog???) I think blogging may have helped me with my "diet blahs".

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BEST FRIEND! I wish I could take you to La Parilla today :) Don't think about the "diet" today - you can think about it tomorrow!!!
    Love, Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And, if I was there, we would ABSOLUTELY go to LaParilla! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!! And since Shelley can't be here, I will try to help you celebrate. Then we will exercise in the pool tomorrow. Have a great day. Love ya BIG !!
    JR

    ReplyDelete