Monday, May 31, 2010

**Week Six Weigh-In**

I must say I was in shock when I stepped on the scale this morning. I just KNEW I was going to lose weight last week, and I didn't. This week I was just hoping to stay the same because I knew I'd eaten things this weekend that I wouldn't normally eat. I LOST 3 POUNDS!!!!!! So, I am now down 17 pounds in 6 weeks. I should have exercised more. Then, I could have lost more, but 17 pounds is good. I'll take it!

I told Brian I REALLY want us to go to the Y this week. So, it is my goal to go at least twice this week. (baby steps) Ideally I will also get on the treadmill. Since I've done such a bad job with exercise, I think I'm going to set small goals and then reward myself if I accomplish them. For example, this week my goal is: Go to the Y twice, and walk on the treadmill twice (min. 30 mins). If I achieve my goal, I'm going to . . . . . go to a movie I want to see OR buy myself one new article of clothing. Small goal, small reward, but something I would really enjoy.

I still can't believe I lost THIS week. Last week I had done REALLY well with my food. THIS week, I've been in some social situations that were challenging. Friday night I went scrapbooking. Everyone brought finger foods (my personal favorite). So I tried to minimize munching, but I still ate things that were not so healthy. Saturday we went to Center Hill Lake to the houseboat with my brother's family. More chips and dips. If you don't know, chips and dips are ABSOLUTELY my biggest weakness. I LOVE chips and dips. BUT, I really tried to minimize the junk. I ate a turkey burger, and VERY few chips. Yesterday was the pool at my mother's house. We had smoked turkey barbecue, and there were more chips. (Side note: I reccomend Stroud's Turkey Barbecue--its juicier than other brands I've had.) Again I tried to limit my junk, but this is way more exposure to the junk food than I need! :-))

Today I'm hoping to go to the pool again--if the weather cooperates. Please remember our servicemen and women who give of themselves so that we may enjoy our many freedoms. I'll keep you posted on my goal.

5 comments:

  1. Good for you !!! You are an inspiration for me.
    I need an attitude adjustment about eating and you are definitely helping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thank you. It is definitely a daily battle, but you can lose the battle sometimes and still win the war! That's the plan anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you Reed. I wish you all the best. I love you (and Brian, Duke, Mau Mau, and the rest of the Reed clan) very much and can't wait to hear from you (or hey see you).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! 3 pounds is GREAT! Very happy for you! JuJu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everybody! I was SO excited (and surprised) to see 3 pounds on the scale. I thought I would lose last week, and didn't. So, maybe that was a delay weight loss. Who cares? I'll take it!

    ReplyDelete