Wednesday, May 5, 2010

In-laws and Challenges

Ok, so I totally lied . . . AGAIN! I have NOT exercised. I plan to this evening, but who knows. And, at this point, if I was you I wouldn't believe me. Its a habit I MUST make, and I know it. But, it is BY FAR my greatest struggle. I know I will do it, but its just getting there!

When I think about what I eat in a day NOW, versus what I used to eat in a day, it is surprising how far I have come. I have so many more fruits and vegetables in a day now. Little or no processed foods.

I know more challenges are just around the corner. The motivational people would tell you to look at these as "opportunities" rather than problems. (so many voices in my head-the skinny people, the motivational people) Of course, my in-laws are involved :-)). For Mother's Day we are having Brian's mother over to grill steaks. (She thinks Brian is the only person who can grill a good steak.) Here's where the "opportunity" comes in. Brian mentioned having these potatoes we cook on the grill--with a WHOLE STICK OF BUTTER!!!!! (no fat there). I say let's have veggie skewers instead--much healthier. BUT, he says his dad will want potatoes. I say its MOTHER'S Day---not Father's Day. He says good point. So, any thoughts???? I would love to hear your suggestions/thoughts. If you don't feel comfortable sharing them here, call/text me. Of course, you can leave your comments anonymously . . . I'm just sayin'.

Well, I must go now. When I finally exercise, y'all will be the first to know, and I WILL be bragging on myself. See you soon!

5 comments:

  1. Why don't you have both veggie skewers and potatoes ?? That way the people who want to be healthy, beautiful and intelligent can have a choice. I'm just saying..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought of you last night, Lisa. I did so well all day, and then
    right before bed I crammed 5 Oreos down with a big glass of milk.. I was so mad at myself and I always seem to fail late at night... The rest of the day
    I have so much more control... Any tips?? I'm very proud of you by the way:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me just say we are having "Cinco de Mayo" grazing day at work today. I haven't been to the gym all week and am feeling very guilty. I did have a side of raw carrots with my chips & salsa this morning!!! I agree with having both veggie skewers and potatoes!! That way YOU have a healthy option! Love you :)
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should do both too... just resist temptation and only eat the veggies. Or try doing those potatoes with sweet potatoes (they are YUMMY!.. I've done it). Or just do the regulars and make you a small bit of sweet potatoes that way in aluminum foil...done that too (hehe).

    Love you! You're doing great! At least you didnt eat an ice cream cone today because your child was asking (he only had to ask once, btw). Im so weak!

    You go girl !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My, oh my. There are SO many things to address in these comments. We'll start with why don't we have BOTH veggie skewers & potatoes. PEOPLE! We are not made of money!! Or, as my mother told me when I was little, money doesn't grow on trees! I was totally being CHEAP! I guess potatoes don't really cost that much. Guess I'll have to fork over the cash! Dang it!

    Next, Arrione, I totally understand about the Oreos. (GOD, I love Oreos) I would probably try to find some sort of substitute, a treat that you will enjoy without the guilt. Sherbert? Sorbet? Or maybe a fiber one bar or a Snackwell's cookie? Dr. Phil says if one particular time of day presents a challenge, change your routine during that part of the day in order to remove/limit temptations. It's a battle every day.

    Shelley, salsa is fat free! And, I'm pretty sure on Cinco De Mayo calories from Mexican food don't really count :-))

    And lastly, the ice cream eater. Let me say I would just about sell my soul for some World Class Chocolate from Baskin Robbins! I LOVE that stuff, but enough about that! You are not weak--I know who your parents are! You're tough as Hell, and don't forget it!

    ReplyDelete