Thursday, May 20, 2010

Exercise & Choices

I'm STILL not exercising. It truly is my greatest battle. I feel good about my food choices, but the exercising (or lack there of) is definitely a challenge. When I think about WHY, I can make all kinds of excuses about unexpected things coming up in the evenings. However, the AB-normal is NORMAL for us.

Last night, for example, I unexpectedly went to a real estate meeting that lasted from 6:30 until 9:00 p.m.(I did not eat dinner first because I did not have time, and I really didn't expect it to last so long. I was ready to gnaw my damn arm off by the time we got out of there. LOL!) Tonight I have book club. The reality is THIS is my life, and it is unpredictable. I just have to figure out a way to make exercise a priority for me, and make it work around my irregular schedule.

On the UP-side, I watched Biggest Loser Tuesday. That is very inspiring. It makes you want to jump up off the couch, grab a kettle bell, and get on the treadmill. However, I resisted that urge, kept my big ass ON the couch, and just cheered them on! But, seriously, it really is inspiring. It helps to keep you focused, and remind you it IS possible to lose weight in a big way, and change your life. Its all about choices we make each day. Take it day by day. I need to CHOOSE to exercise. What do you need to CHOOSE to do? Maybe we can help each other.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't found the joy in exercising yet either. I went to the gym twice this week and tried to talk myself out of if yesterday. It definitely has to be a concious decision to just do it!!! I feel so much better afterwards = so I just need to remember that feeling!

    ReplyDelete