Friday, May 28, 2010

Restaurant Reviews and Better Choices

Ok, I ate Mexican food last night. It was good too. The tiny little town of Mt. Juliet now has (I think) SEVEN Mexican restaurants. I LOVE Mexican food. One of the newest is called Don Pancho's, and it is literally ONE MILE from my house! (they deliver too! But, I digress) The food was good, the atmosphere great, but the service we received SUCKED! Our waitress was struggling last night. However, you are probably not needing a restaurant review.

Once again, I intended to take baked Tostitos with me, but I forgot. So, I only ate ummmm, less than 10 chips. I ordered fajitas. I'm not saying they are LOW FAT, but it is definitely a better choice than the fajita nachos I normally order!(They are smothered in cheese, and they are SOOOO good.) I don't put the sour cream on my fajitas, and no cheese. I had the opportunity to eat a lot more, and also to eat some of Brian's fajita nachos. However, I actually refrained from all of that. (This is me being kinda proud, and also kinda surprised.) I can honestly say I remember thinking "If I eat too much, or too much fried and high fat stuff, I will have acid reflux and be miserably full". And for maybe the first time, I could have easily cheated, and I didn't even WANT to. That's a GREAT day for me. Hopefully, it is the beginning of a new, healthier way of thinking! (This is me being optimistic)

This weekend will probably be a challenge. Lots of socializing, and this IS the South, so of course socializing = FOOD!!!! And, for anyone who doesn't know this about me, finger foods are my ABSOLUTE favorite. But, I plan to make better choices in what I take to anything I attend. I'm not saying I'll be taking carrot sticks and water to all events, but BETTER choices none the less.

Have a great, SAFE Memorial Day Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you!!! Awesome willpower last night! Have a great weekend and "make good choices" :)
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I'm loving your blog and I am so proud of you and your honesty, sharing the good and bad, with your always fun humor! Hang in there -- you will be successful! JuJu

    ReplyDelete