Sunday, May 9, 2010

I feel like I have eaten very badly the last couple of days. Although, when I think about what I've eaten, it could absolutely be worse.

Yesterday I did not eat breakfast. That is NOT good. You should ALWAYS eat breakfast. What is it they say? Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a queen, and dinner like a pauper? Something like that. Skipping breakfast is BAD. I kind of had "brunch". Then we had steak for dinner. Everyone else had potatoes, grilled with a stick of butter, onions, and seasoning salt. I'm sure they were delicious. I had a petite fillet and grilled asparagus. I also had a salad with fattening dressing. So, the fillet and the asparagus probably wasn't terrible. But, the dressing was bad, and not eating breakfast was bad.

Today, I had a turkey sandwich for breakfast. (I need to go to the grocery badly) I ate guacamole and salsa with baked Tostitos for lunch. Again, not terrible, but I would prefer to have eaten some sort of fruit for breakfast. Dinner will be a challenge because I'm pretty sure we are going to be served FRIED chicken!!!! I'm taking macaroni and cheese. It has a whole stick of butter and a pound of Velveeta, so I should not eat that (but Paula Deen would be proud). So, we'll see what I'm able to do in that situation.

Oh, I almost forgot. I also had two Bloody Marys yesterday. Alcohol slows down your metabolism. Mine is already crawling, so we do NOT want to slow it down anymore! (but those damn Bloody Marys were SOOOOO good--and on the UP side, there was no FAT in them)

Tomorrow, in addition to my weekly weigh-in, I have a doctor's appt. So, he can "weigh in" (pun intended) on my status. I have exercised once this week, and I am going to walk in the morning. Change is not always easy, but sometimes change is worth it. I am certainly not perfect, but I am moving in the right direction. Keep your fingers crossed that I lose again this week. I'll let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

  1. Riddle me this Batman! Compared to what you used to eat, did you eat healthier yesterday? Of course you did - so don't beat yourself up. I won't tell you what I had to eat this weekend :(
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point. I absolutely ate better than I normally would have. Need to be sure I exercise all week because I know I will be cheating this weekend!

    ReplyDelete