Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Eat Your Bananas & Oranges

I am tired, and I don't really know why. I had a real estate class today. You know I'm not good at being still and quiet. Maybe that's the problem! I ate a healthy breakfast, then stopped for some kind of fancy latte I think they called "french toast". It was SO good (white choc & cinnamon with a double shot of espresso-no calories there). I knew I'd never stay awake without major caffeine :-))

I did not pack my lunch because I didn't know if I would have a place to store it, so I went out for lunch. So, what to get??? Try to stay healthy. So, I decided on one of those stuffed potatoes from Whit's. I got my baked potato with smoked turkey in it, and I did not eat the butter or the sour cream--you know, the GOOD stuff! I didn't eat any of that, but I have to say it was very good, even without the butter and sour cream. (You know, the skinny people don't eat that) For dinner we are having salad . . . again. But, I don't mind. Honestly.

I went to Target Pharmacy this afternoon ('cause I know you dying to know every little move I make). After my doctor's visit last week, I discovered I have low potassium. So, I am now taking some kind of prescription potassium. I guess I need to do a little online learning about low potassium. I also went to Aldi for some bananas.

AND, Dr. Oz said on yesterday's show that vitamin C helps your body burn fat. The first two weeks of my diet (when I lost 9 lbs and 4 lbs) I was eating an orange a day. SOOOOOO, I bought a big-ass bag of oranges at the Aldi! Hey, can't hurt anything to eat an orange or two, right?

AND, lookout book club, I'm doing food Thursday, and in case you haven't noticed the pattern, I'm eating the shit out of salad and fruit! ('cause that's what the skinny people eat) So, hope you're in the mood for salad and fruit! LOL!

3 comments:

  1. Love the new look!!! I'm definitely going to get some oranges for our house!! BTW - I can't wait for trash day - my garbage bin smells like crab - and not in a good way :)
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look is much more YOU !! Looking forward to bookclub. I know you will come up with something both healthy and delicious. (No pressure at all.) :) J

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEEEWWWW, Shelley, I bet that trash is RANK about now! But those crab legs sure were good Friday! Maybe we can do a shrimp boil next time y'all are in town. The good thing is we can just take our trash to the dump, and its gone quickly.

    As for book club, I'm thinking salad. Not just plain ol' lettuce--good stuff like olives and chicken, etc to go in the salad, but SALAD. That's my plan.

    ReplyDelete