Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I Need Some Comments, or a New Diet Book. . . or Something!

I have to admit I'm still a little bummed about NOT losing weight this week. It would be very easy to quit right now. I have done without a lot of things I would LOVED to have eaten, and yet I did not lose weight. All that salad for NOTHING!

Then I check my blog, and there are no comments. I didn't realize just how much I count on those comments to motivate me. Its always good to know other people can relate. Or, if you can't relate, maybe you have something inspirational to say. We have to all stick together.

I saw Oprah talking about a new book called Women, Food, and God . I thought about buying that, but do you know how many diet books I have???? OMG! I have most of them--if they are even the least bit practical. I don't buy the ones that tell you to eat cabbage soup all day. Or, the eat all the meat and cheese you want diet books. But, I'm pretty sure I have the rest of them!

Well, I'm through pouting now. Its not really doing any good anyway. I just need to get off my ass and do something. Leave some comments sometime--so I know I'm not just blogging for myself! It keeps me accountable when I know you are watching :-)

7 comments:

  1. First, what the hell are you doing up at 4:39 am ???? Unless, of course, you are getting on the treadmill.......just a thought. Anyway, I am already planning our trip. So, don't you dare quit !!! Besides, I need you healthy so you can visit me in the old folks home; you know, the one you are putting me in. Hang in there; I know you can do it. Luv u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Lisa! I'm reading and getting inspired. I even ate only 1/2 of my Sonic shake the other night, after thinking, WWLD...What would Lisa do?? Yes, I know you wouldn't have the shake but it's not like everyone wearing those WWJD bracelets stick to the plan either now do they?? :)

    You are doing a great job. Just keep doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing about blogs is that lots of people read them without commenting. That can be very depressing when you need the community.

    I'm on a low-fat diet because I have high cholesterol. I'm also supposed to be eating lots of fiber and exercising. It's hard and I feel your pain. What's helping me is thinking about the long term--so I try not to worry about day-to-day and focus on changes I can maintain. Eating out less helps me a lot. Limiting cheese to one serving a day is really hard but helping. I love cheese. Because the doc gave me numbers to focus on (grams of sat. fat and fiber per day), that helps me not pay attention to pounds.

    You can do it. Slow weight loss is the kind that stays off, so that means weeks with no change. And if I ever figure out a way to motivate myself to exercise, I'll let you know. :)

    --Christy (the one married to Brian's cousin Will)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry about not loosing, your body is adjusting. Next week you will most likely have a lose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y'all ROCK! Thanks for the comments! I love them--and they are very encouraging, supportive, helpful, etc. I appreciate them. I am a very interactive kind of person(if you haven't noticed). I'm definitely NOT quitting. I am not a quitter! (have you met my parents?) When it comes to exercise I just never got started! Thanks y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jim keeps saying - it is a journey. It is okay not to be perfect. It is okay to cheat once in a while. It is okay to skip a day on the treadmill because your groin hurts!!! Shelbi has a saying written on her mirror - "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels". I don't know that I agree with her, but that saying seems to always be in my mind when I want some feel good food!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, I've heard that nothing taste as good as skinny feels thing, and there is a lot of truth to that. But, sometimes you just say F it! Those are weak moments though.

    ReplyDelete