Saturday, May 15, 2010

Traveling and Crab Legs

I have had a great weekend already--and its really just getting started. Brian & I visited my very best friend in the world yesterday. She happens to live in Dallas . . . . Georgia. We had such a great day yesterday. But, this is the south, and we are very southern. So, this means we EAT!! If you're from the south you know that when two great friends get together, we eat. And, with a three hour drive, you will probably go through a drive thru.

I guess the story starts Thursday evening. ('cause I know you want all the gory details. lol) I picked up our dog/house-sitter, who doesn't go out for dinner the way we often do. SO, it was only the good southern hostess-ly (pretty sure that is NOT a word) thing to do, to take her out to dinner. We went to Hooters. I DID eat fried pickles. (VERY bad, but oh so good) However, I had a grilled chicken caesar salad for dinner. Let me just say there was evidently a dressing shortage at the Hooters, because I searched that bowl high and low and finally found ONE piece of lettuce with a little dressing on it. I'm NOT kidding. I was eating lettuce and grilled chicken. Luckily, both were fresh and good. I finally asked for some dressing. However, because I am really trying to think like the skinny people, I only used a very tiny bit.

Then Friday morning we are on the road @7:00 a.m. So, what is breakfast? McDonald's Egg McMuffin. English muffins have almost no fat, Canadian bacon is extremely low in fat, poached egg is good for you. The only bad thing is the cheese---and that caramel frappe I had WITH my egg mcmuffin! Not much fat, but PLENTY of sugar and calories. I was needing the caffeine though.

I have to admit I was wanting to eat lunch at this AWESOME Mexican restaurant here called La Parilla. OMG! It is SO good. THAT is what I was hoping was lunch. However, hard as I tried to SIN on my little trip, nobody else was cooperating. We all went to Sam's to get stuff for dinner, and so Brian immediately went to the snack bar for a Nathan's hot dog. (You know you can get that fat hot dog, a drink, and probably a car for like $3.00) Then before we leave, Shelley and Shelbi got those soft pretzels. Jim had already had a little snack. C'MON PEOPLE . . . WORK WITH ME!!! So, of course NOBODY is hungry but Lisa! (Probably God looking out for me when I'm not looking out for myself) I ended up eating a healthy little sub from Publix.

For dinner we had crab legs, which are pretty low in fat. HOWEVER, you DO dip that in butter, AND please remember we bought them at Sam's. So, we bought a TEN POUND BOX of crab legs!!!! LOL! I'm NOT kidding. Ten pounds, AND, I didn't mention that the guys and Shelbi bought steaks, so Shelly and I ate MOST of the crab legs by ourselves. We could not finish, but we gave it our best shot!

So, we are heading back today. We will stay for lunch at LaParilla! Can't wait! I normally would get nachos fajita, but I will probably get fajitas--that will keep me from eating all those fried chips, and that gallon of white cheese that is SOOOO good. So, fajitas may not be GREAT, but they are certainly FAR better than nachos. These kind of little choices are what will bring me long term success. It gives you a treat, but without going totally overboard. I feel like that's what I've done they last couple of days. And, because I weigh in on Monday, I will be eating lettuce and water on Sunday!--like the SKINNY people!

No comments:

Post a Comment