Thursday, May 27, 2010

Buffalo Wild Wings . . . Really???

So last night we went to Buffalo Wild Wings. It seems they play Cornhole on Wednesday nights, and Brian loves to play Cornhole. THAT menu is very hard to negotiate if you are trying to eat healthy. Oh my! Think about it, they really cater to men who are drinking and watching sports. These men aren't worried about eating healthy, in fact, they are probably offended by it!

It took me forever to figure out what to eat. I DID finally find salads on that menu. I have been in the past when I couldn't find salads. After reading the menu for what seemed like an hour, I chose (grilled)chicken flatbread with buffalo sauce. I'm thinking this gives me the hot wing flavor I like, but in a much healthier way. And, of course, there would be no fries. OK, well in case you are like me and don't know this, when BWW says FLATBREAD, they don't mean flatbread like you see at Subway. No. Instead, it is basically a pizza on a tortilla with buffalo sauce instead of pizza sauce, and it is covered in cheese with grilled chicken on it. Let me just say, it is VERY good. However, the "covered in cheese" part was not really what I was going for in trying to be healthy. Guess I should have gotten the Blackened Chicken Salad, but how many salads can a person eat?!!

So, in summary, not only did my husband leave cheese-covered, delicious pizza at my house on Sunday, THEN ate pizza in front of me Sunday night. Last night he took me to Buffalo Wild Wings, where even flatbread is fattening! Is he out to get me? I believe he's been a huge obstacle this week! Its a good thing he's cute :-))

2 comments:

  1. Actually, I have met your mother and she is a wonderful person !!!!!!! :-)

    (Shut-up, Shelley .)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now Judith.....I would never say anything bad about you :) Love you!!!!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete