Friday, May 21, 2010

Salad, Salad, and More Salad

I think my eating has been much better this week--not that it was bad before, but there were more situations in which I ate things I would have otherwise avoided. This week seemed much better. Still no exercise. Wanna hear my excuses? I had book club last night, real estate meeting the night before that, etc., etc.

I had a real estate class Tuesday, so I am working today. Normally I am off. Normally I sleep a little later on Friday. However, today I am up. I'm eating an orange and a Weight Watchers Egg McMuffin, then its off to work. Not sure what I'm taking for lunch. Probably chicken and dumplings. Don't panic. Brian makes them with low/no fat flour tortillas. I'm not going to tell you they're like your mama made, but they're good--REAL good, and they are not nearly as fattening.

I was responsible for the food last night at book club, and I decided to do salad. I took a variety of add-ins. Tracey also helped, which is good. It gave me an opportunity to try a new salad dressing I would not have bought, but everybody that tried it, liked it. The salad was a HUGE hit. They ate it all. I felt guilty because I didn't take more salad. I realize I should eat more salads, so I am paying a lot more attention to menus and recipes. Trying to learn new combinations. Last night, one thing I took that was a little out of the box for me, was tortilla strips, corn, and black beans. I loved it, and other people liked it too. Salad with fruit is the next thing I will be experimenting with. Send me your salad suggestions. I love salad, but I need variety.

Have a great day! Eat salad :-))

1 comment:

  1. Chickpeas, green/black olives, walnuts, raspberries, plain cheerios instead of croutons...

    ReplyDelete